If you’ve clicked to look at this page, I assume that you have struggled at some point in your life with people pleasing.
Join the club! So many people struggle with people pleasing. We were taught from a young age to conform, to behave, that you’re only liked if you ‘fit in’ and we learn to adapt who we are to gain the approval and love from other people. But it doesn’t have to be like this.
You may be sensitive of what other people think about you (or what you imagine they think of you) and adapt your behaviour to get their approval.
You may feel incapable of saying ‘no’ to people and find yourself rushing around for others instead of doing what you really want.
Or you may have a voice in your head which dictates what you should do, even if it’s not really what you want to do. You should go to that party, you should apply for that job, you should offer to do X or Y for that person. You’re not living your life as you want to live it.
Or you may be distracted at work and in your personal life because you worry what other people are thinking about you. Do they like your idea? What do they think about what you’ve just said? You’re unable to trust your instinct and are second guessing yourself all the time.
Does any of this resonate with you?
If so, get in touch with me to start changing your behaviour. Let’s stop the people pleasing so you can start to live life on your terms.
And what could this lead to?
- Learning to trust your instincts again and going after what you really want from life
- Living in the moment instead of constantly worrying about what other people think of you
- Letting go of the ‘shoulds‘ that have ruled your life for so long
- Learning to say ‘no’ to others so you can say ‘yes’ to yourself
- Expressing yourself and showing the real you to those around you
- Letting go of who you think you’re supposed to be to embrace who you truly are
As a coach I will take a two-fold approach with you as you stop people pleasing:
- Identifying and taking small, realistic and incremental steps day-to-day (whether that’s speaking out in a work setting, establishing a small boundary in your life or sharing more authentically with a friend). You’ll get accountability with me and we’ll work towards building a life you feel excited about!
- Diving deep into the ‘why’ and ‘what’. Why do you people please? What are you afraid will happen if you speak your mind and say no more often? We’ll go at the right pace for you to uncover the true reasons for this behaviour so you can start to build some new coping mechanisms that serve you better and leave what isn’t serving you behind.
Ready to let go of people pleasing? Then get in touch with me using the form below.
I offer a free 30 minute conversation so you can explore what you could get from working with me.