As I’ve shared with you in my ‘about me‘ page, I discovered coaching in 2015 and it radically shifted so much in my life.
Before that, I had experienced many other forms of help (counselling and support from psychologists) as I battled and overcame distructive food addictions and low self-esteem. It was coaching, however, that helped me to not just come to peace with my past, but to shape my future into the life I wanted to live.
I love this analogy about coaching by John Whitmore, as it sums up my experience of coaching:
“Just as every tiny acorn has within it the potential to grow into a great oak tree, coaching is based on the belief that every human being is a unique individual with similar potential. Coaching allows the individual to discover their potential and supports them as they develop the skills and confidence that will enable them to make full use of it.”
My coaching journey
Coaching allowed me to grow like an acorn into something I never dreamed I could be. And here’s a few of the steps I took and the achievements I made with the support of my coach:
- I made peace with the impact of my anorexia on my younger sister. I took the brave step to reach out to her, explain why I had struggled with eating and apologised for what my struggles had meant to her. This guilt was such a huge burden that I had been carrying around for years and the grace and love she showed me has unlocked a new found freedom.
- I successfully negotiated a pay rise at my place of work, which completely covered the cost of my coaching (and then some!). I’d have never been confident enough to go after what I wanted financially prior to coaching.
- I became able to listen to my intuition. I had spent years doing what others wanted me to do (or moreso what I thought was expected from others) so this was a shift which has continued to develop and has now started to shape how I live my life in a much deeper way.
- I grew in the belief that I deserved a more fulfilling career, and made the move to an organisation that is more aligned with my values and a role that has the ambition and scope I’m looking for.
- I started to remove the mask of ‘being ok’ (always feeling like I had to always be the happy, bright, enthusiastic, together one) and as such, am living a more authentic life.
- I simplified what I want in life and, in doing so, am less anxious. I know what I want to do – have a fulfilling career, grow a thriving coaching practice, have a baby and move to Australia. Seeing things in this way not only clarifies my desires, it has reduced the chatter of worries in my head.
- I came to the realisation that I wanted to become a coach and started my studies to grow deeper in my knowledge of coaching.
So as you can see, I made some pretty huge moves in my professional life, came to peace with my past and made some subtle shifts that have had a profound experience in how I live my life.
I believe this level of transformation is available to us all, and I hope that you’ll contact me to start your coaching journey, dear one.
Does any of what I’ve shared resonate with you? If so, why not book a free 30 minute session with me to explore what coaching could do for you? Contact me by putting your details into the contact box below.
I can’t wait to hear from you!